Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WAL-MART ADVENTURE

When I left my house last night, I headed towards Wal-Mart to do some shopping. My windshield was clouded on the inside and my heater doesn't work so I just shifted into reverse and went with it. As I drove down the road, all the taillights, headlights, and streetlights had a mystical orb and beaming trails. I blasted some Paul van Dyk, pulled in close to the steering wheel, and bobbed down the road. It reminded me of a night I wore these trippy green glasses on a drive out to a rave. It was like I was a driver in the game Burnout. I had escaped reality if only for a few moments. I had an urge to close my eyes and just let the car drift but that would ultimately result in a crash, if not my sudden death. I pulled into the parking lot and felt as if I could sit in that one spot listening to the music and pretending no else existed, forever. Then I snapped back to reality and exited the vehicle. 


I headed straight to the back of the store as I always do. I walked through the baby department and heard some music playing from the display of children's albums. The sound coming from the speakers was similar to what I was listening to in my car so I stopped the cart, stood there for a minute, closed my eyes, and got lost again. 


My last stop was through the bakery. A box of Valentine doughnuts caught my eye. I stopped again. My first thought was how I hate that holiday. My second thought was how incredibly hilarious and disturbing it would be for me to grab this box of love and tear it open in a fit of rage while ripping apart each doughnut... screaming, laughing and throwing all the pieces at the people around me. But then I realized it wasn't fair to be hatin' on the doughnuts so I walked away.  

3 comments:

  1. Doughnuts are our friends. We must be kind to our round, hollow friends -- regardless if their forced to resemble an arbitrary and overly-commercialized holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. doughnut holes are the filet mignon of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first blog... not even sure what that word means. (I know the definition.) I look too deep into shit. I hope this falls under the correct terms of whatever a blog is supposed to be about.

    ReplyDelete